Who is impacted: Students, faculty, and staff attempting to access the College of Arts & Sciences I.T. (CAS-IT) services during the maintenance window.
What is Impacted: CAS-IT is planning an annual maintenance window, during which all of our services will be unavailable. The annual maintenance window will begin on 12/19/18 at 8:00 a.m. (Wednesday after grades are due) and is anticipated to end approximately on 12/21/18 (Friday) at 5:00 p.m. The following services will not be available during this time:
- CAS-IT network shares including Casfiles Private Drive (R:), Casfiles01 Departmental File Shares (S:), Cas-ProjShare for temporary projects, Instructor folders, Public folders, hand-in folder, Vidette Files, and others
- Printing to CAS network printers and print management with PaperCut
- License servers for MATLAB, ArcGIS, Maple, Intergraph, GE Healthcare, FlexNet, Texas Instruments, Harris Geospatial, EViews, Excelis, Bruker Top Spin
- CAS-IT hosted websites including department websites, CAS URG system, CAS Budget system, CAS Internship Posting system, CAS WordPress, Mind Project, WZND, Water Research, etc.
- All other CAS-IT hosted servers or services including PSC Observation System, Noah, CAS-IT remote application server, Inception, etc.
- Faculty/Staff/GA computers (These computers may restart as a result of centrally pushed updates)
Digital Measures Activity Insight will not be impacted by this planned maintenance and faculty may still enter teaching, research, and service information. However, this direct link to the login page may be required: http://www.digitalmeasures.com/login/ilstu/faculty
The following services are not impacted by this CAS-IT maintenance, however other posted IT alerts may apply; About.IllinoisState.edu, OU Campus department websites, Budget Wizard, Datatel, Office 365, or other University-wide services will not be impacted by this maintenance.
If you experience any trouble with these CAS-IT supported services after this special maintenance window, please first attempt to restart your computer. If the problem persists, please contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu, or by logging into the self-service website at https://ITHelp.IllinoisState.edu to report the issue.
A full list of all CAS-IT scheduled maintenance windows is available on our website.
Start Time: Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 at 8:00 AM CST
End Time: Friday, December 21st, 2018 at 5:00 PM CST
Workarounds: Copy files from any needed servers to your local computer ahead of the maintenance window. Websites will show a temporary page announcing that the servers are under maintenance.